Consultant and Coach
Matt believes that growth and development are fundamental to human well-being as well as to success for individuals, teams and organisations. His has worked in Coaching and Leadership Development for 15 years, including significant periods as internal manager, internal and external consultant and coach.
Matt’s focus is the area where business and psychology meet and he has a strong academic and hands-on background to support this. He works particularly well with individuals, teams and organisations facing major challenges or who need to think differently about where they are and what they need to do.
An expert on Positive Psychology at work, Matt’s recent book ‘Coaching Positively – Lessons for Coaches from Positive Psychology’ (McGraw Hill/Open University Press, 2011) focuses on how this new field of psychology can inform and transform relationships and performance.
Recent and Current Work
- London, UK, Health Sector: Developing a coaching & mentoring service for over 700 doctors and dentists in London with over 2000 people having used the service. Significant follow-up and supervision support
- Scottish regional development agency: Developing an in-house coaching and mentoring service to support emerging leaders
- Coaching leaders in local government, a multinational manufacturer, a major UK public organisation, the British Council, the NHS, entrepreneurs and many more
- National Sports bodies: coach supervisor, delivery of leadership and personal effectiveness workshops
- European Central Bank: Senior team development workshops
- Multinational reprographies manufacturer: Leadership team development programmes
- Presenting workshops on Positive Psychology, coaching and leadership: Sport Scotland, NHS NW; London UK Clinicians; Doradca Consultants Warsaw, Kinharvie Institute Glasgow
Matt has significant overseas experience and is a talented linguist. He values the positive in every culture and has a real skill in working with a wide range of people, particularly those who work through English but whose first language is not English.
Active outside work in local schools and sports, and leading a family support network, Matt has spoken at and chaired a number of conferences on work and community issues.
Matt Driver holds an MBA, an MSc in Organisational Psychology and Diplomas in Executive Mentoring and Coaching and Organisational Consulting. He has practitioner training in NLP and Gestalt and is qualified to use the MBTI and 16PF personality questionnaires and the new Realise 2 strengths assessment. He is a tutor, supervisor and assessor for the Level 7 UK Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) and European Coaching and Mentoring Council (EMCC) -accredited Coaching and Mentoring Certificate and Diploma.